Links to other sites.
Please forgive the pun. This picture of a lynx is not entirely unrelated: lynx existed in the Craven area of North Yorkshire as recently as the 7th century AD and Lower Winskill was involved in discovering this. More info here.
Here are the 'links':
- Sculptor, Sarah Smith makes use of Lower Winskill as a studio and she, sculptor Ken Jaquiery and painter Margaret Uttley exhibited their work in the gallery here during the North Yorkshire Open Studios Exhibition.
- Lower Winskill hosted visits by the Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain's as part of their International Congress 2010.
- Tom Lord appeared in the BBC History Cold Case, Series 2 program, The Skeletons of Windy Pits.
- Peter France interviewed Tom about the dry stone walls at Winskill for a BBC Radio 4 science program called The Wall.
- The University of Reading Museum of English Rural Life made a video about the dry stone wall conservation at Lower Winskill.
- Kevin Woods has recently undertaken traditional lime-mortar works on a hay barn at Lower Winskill with financial support from Natural England.